1995 CHEVY BLAZER OIL IN RADIATOR

• excaliber01
  • 1995 Chevrolet Blazer

1995 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 169000 miles

I took my blazer to mechanic radiator leaking water-and running really rough -he replaced radiator- plug and said was running smooth-drove home 1 mile ran fine -drove to work next day 12 miles running rough as in repping up would not idle down- drove home- checked water in refill tank real brownish oily-took baster got out oily gook thinking they didn't flush out lines when put in new radiator-checked oil and transmission fluids both are full-scared to start it up noticed on one comment about bubbling noise behind dash maybe head gasket blown-i have heard noise for about year now - when had oil changed last asked man he said that is normal? Broen gook in radiator any suggestions and est. Cost to repair thanks linda

Sunday, June 8th, 2008 AT 1:20 PM

• obxautomedic

Ok, When you checked the Oil was it a milky color or frothy? If it was then it probably has water in it and since oil floats on top of water it would look full.

It does sound like a Blown Head Gasket and you are looking at a cost of anywere between $1,500 and $2,000 at a local garage.

Post responses here in forum.

Sunday, June 8th, 2008 AT 8:10 PM