CHEVY ABS SYSTEM

1995 Chevrolet Blazer

vicbrown

December, 18, 2008 AT 12:13 AM

Brakes problem
1995 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 95000 miles

the ABS sytem is runing or making noise under the hood while engine is turned off, so I am unplging the main wire from ABS so I do not run out of battery. The btrakes seems ok, but the ABS warning light is On when I am driving the car. How can I take care of this Myselfe.

I am broke, but I still need help Pleas. I live on island and mechanica are here are usless.

bluelightnin6

December, 18, 2008 AT 12:41 AM

This could be a sensor, a switch or a leak that is causing the pump to stay running. Check all brake lines for any signs of leaks. You really need a diagnostic scan done to help pinpoint the issue that is in the ABS system.

vicbrown

December, 19, 2008 AT 7:54 AM

I did check the brack lines it looks Ok, No leaks.
Where is the switch or the relay for the ABS power? If any? Thanks agian for your reply.

bluelightnin6

December, 19, 2008 AT 10:35 AM

The ABS Relay should be behind the left side of dash. You can take it to most auto part stores like AutoZone to have it tested, or simply substitute it with another relay of same size, to see if this helps the issue.

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML