2000 Chevy Astro

ASTROMANIA
  • 2000 CHEVROLET ASTRO
  • AWD
What's the procedure for changing the cv joints?
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 AT 1:09 PM

TECHMAN1
Don't jump off the bridge here. Astro's have a history of eating idler arms. It is rare for them to need Transaxle shafts (CV joints term is old technology). Besides, the front CV joints were just going along for the ride 99% of the time anyway.

I could be wrong here, but again, someone writes in about a procedure without a description of the problems or the associated symptoms.

I doubt that you need transaxle shafts. Jack the front end up off the ground on both sides and have someone rock a front wheel back and forth while you watch underneath and see what is moving that should not.
-1
Saturday, May 30th, 2009 AT 1:28 AM
TECHMAN1

-1
Saturday, May 30th, 2009 AT 1:33 AM