Check engine light

2003FOCUSKJV
  • 2003 FORD FOCUS
The check engine light came on and has not gone off, the car idles and stalls almost completely when stopped at intersection(red light), the engine mounts were replaced two years ago. I read about Ford SPI engine dropped valve seat-problem starting at about 70,000. Can you please tell me how what type of specialty shop is best to diagnose this problem? If it is the dropped valve-seat problem and the top end the valve seats come loose from the cylinder head and drop into the cylinder and if it is in little chunks then they sometimes they can blow out your exhaust pipe and be okay and you just kind of it smokes and you have the cylinder head replaced. What type of shop would be best to get the cylinder head replace. I read you can get the reconditioned heads from eBay or is it better to get from salvage yard? What type of machine shop would service machine shop cylinder head valve job? Is it better to get another engine that to have the cylinder had valve job done? I noticed smoke from exhaust but I did not connect how it may have been related to this. I am on limited funds.
Sunday, June 18th, 2017 AT 1:13 PM

First thing is to quit believing every thin you read a lot of these people are quacks. Then go to an auto parts and get it scanned for codes they do it for free then get back with the code to us do not have auto parts sell you any parts. If you drop a valve seat you can pretty much kiss the engine goodbye, but get us the code first. If it is a misfire code then go see a mechanic misfire codes are 0300-0304 because it can be anything. But if not get us the code.
Sunday, June 18th, 2017 AT 2:00 PM
2003FOCUSKJV
Autozone code P2195.
Sunday, June 18th, 2017 AT 2:08 PM
Is this a natural gas powered car? If not these are what to look for in picture. If it is an O2 sensor number one is before converter two after converter. See picture.
+1
Sunday, June 18th, 2017 AT 2:46 PM

Sponsored links