CAR RUNS A BIT ROUGH

2012 Nissan Altima

buff9984

May, 18, 2013 AT 2:20 AM

Hello, I have a 2012 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR V6 CVT transmission and the car started to run rough, You can feel when your driving it down hill that I feels like the calipers are NOT completely letting go. As soon as you let your foot of the gas even downhill the car slows down.I took it to Nissan Dealership and the tech had updated the ECM and TCM on the computer and the car ran like a million dollars, I had drive about 2 and a half hours home and no slowing of the vehicle or graveling in the steering. And when I got home and woke up the next day the car went back to the way it was? I had brought it to another dealership they said there was no code or any problem but I know there is a difference in the driving of the car, Do you have any clues to what it could be? Thank you Sincerely Joseph Orazio

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

hmac300

May, 18, 2013 AT 8:20 AM

Try cleaning the throttle plate on both sides and iac hole if it has one, then check fuel pressure

dyeman20

November, 30, 2013 AT 2:24 AM

I have a 2010 2.5s, I have had lots of issues with my car and it's transmission as well. From what I've read online is that there is an engine breaking feature that is built into the computer that causes the CVT to throttle the car and engine as a way to save on brakes and gas mileage. You can have them turn this off in the computer, some dealers do it for free, others charge. But hey if it works, it's worth it.