Car not moving from a complete stop until gas pedal is press.

CHYKAKVEY
  • 2005 KIA PICANTO
I have kia picanto year 2004 with mileages ~184000 km. But I got this problem : when engine cold everything work very great but after a drive about 30min mean the engine is hot the car don't move forward from a complete stop at the traffic light, but revers and 2nd, 3rd, 4th is working fine only just move from a complete stop. And I have surf the internet they say it might be TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) but I just check to the new one but the result still the same. So what is this issue and what should I done it?
thank you.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 8:02 AM

RIVERMIKERAT
Have it scanned for both soft and hard codes and let us know what you find.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 8:21 AM
CHYKAKVEY
Hi rivermikerat

Not yet check it, but my car didn't pop up the check engine light and I have brought it to the garage they said "no check light they can't scan it cos there will no error code". I don't know what to do right now.

Thank you for your reply.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 6:07 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
They lied. The OBDII system ALL cars have stores two types of codes: hard and soft.

Hard codes set the Check Engine Light because these problems are emissions-related.

Soft codes are not emissions-related and they don't set the light. They can be pulled. Transmission Control Module and Body Control Module trouble codes don't set the light. But they do cause driveability problems. If they won't do it, find someone that will.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 7:01 PM
CHYKAKVEY
Hi rivermikerat

Oh this mean if software problem the check engine won't come up. So if problem came from software it will resolve when we disconnect the batteries for temporary right? But for me I have try this method I didn't work for temporary. And I'll try to find someone who can test it for me.

Thank you.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 7:49 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
It could be a software problem, yes. But soft codes are ones that don't affect the vehicle emissions, so they don't cause the Check Engine Light to come on. For instance, a shift solenoid in the transmission failing. It would set a soft code, but not turn on the Check Engine Light. Check the transmission fluid. Make sure it isn't a nasty brown color. Smell it; make sure it doesn't smell burnt. Feel it with your finger. Make sure there isn't any grit in it.

Disconnecting the battery temporarily might fix it, but it might only fix it temporarily.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 8:15 PM
CHYKAKVEY
The transmission fluid just check it, it's fine. And I try to disconnect the battery it seem it didn't resolve the problem for temporary. Yet, I'll try to find some who can scan it.

Thank you
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 8:26 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
See if you can find a transmission specialist that will do it for free.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 9:00 PM
CHYKAKVEY
Yes, thank you for you reply.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 9:02 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
Let us know what you find out.
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015 AT 8:44 AM
CHYKAKVEY
Ok I'll be back when I have result.
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015 AT 9:22 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
I'll be here.
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015 AT 9:31 AM