CHECKING AND CLEARING "CHECK ENGIN&Q

2003 Cadillac STS

smoothmofo

February, 26, 2010 AT 5:03 PM

Computer problem
2003 Cadillac STS 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 84000 miles

What would be the most efficient and cost freindly device, availible to the public, that would check trouble codes, and clear the check engin light?

factoryjack

February, 27, 2010 AT 2:09 AM

The most friendly, and cost efficient would be the on-board system that you vehicle is equipped with. If you press the 'info' button up, and 'on/off' at the same time and hold them, it will enter a segment check where all displays illuminate. After that it should display ALL? In the info center. If you press info up or down it will scroll each module alphabetically, or if you press on/off it will say ALL CODES, and pressing on/off again will display all codes for all modules. If after it displays ALL CODES, you were to press info up or down it would display ALL CLEAR CODES, and pressing on/off would clear all codes. When after entering diagnostic mode, info scrolls modules, and on/off executes the command. It will not tell you the code description, just the numbers(e.G. PXXXX, BXXXX, CXXXX, or UXXXX).

smoothmofo

February, 27, 2010 AT 2:00 PM

Thank you, you saved me alot time, money and headaches! I vaguely recall them saying the same at the dealership.

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Air Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD