1999 CADILLAC SEVILLE SHORTING WIRE AND KILLING MY BATTARY

• mikey692169
  • 1999 Cadillac Seville

1999 Cadillac Seville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

Hello. I just baught a 1999 Cadillac seville and I think I have a short somewhere in the car. Every morning my car is dead. My alturnater is fine and we just put in a new starter. My ABS liight is on and so is my TRACTION CONTROLL and AIR BAG. Is there a bad sencor somewhere or what? If you have any answers I would really like it. Thanks.

Tuesday, September 22nd, 2009 AT 1:08 PM

• factoryjack

Has the battery been tested, it was not mentioned. To drain it overnight takes a substantial draw. The abs/traction and airbag lights are more than likely not responsible. To do a draw test correctly, requires the use of an ammeter between battery cable connection. The vehicle sits for a minimum 20 minutes, and the measurement is taken. It should be around 20 mA. There is multiple possibilities that cause drains, sticking seat/lumbar switches, relays, etc.

Tuesday, September 22nd, 2009 AT 10:42 PM