1991 Cadillac Seville no start due to theft system

KDUK61
  • 1991 CADILLAC SEVILLE
  • 125 MILES
I am getting the message start disabled due to theft system. One wire on key cylinder was cut and reconnected. Info
on display says to remove key and wait 3 mins, still no start condition. Locksmith
says to remove resistor from key and solder purple and white wire to one side and black and wht to other side. Will this work or howq do I find out what resistor out of 15 possible I have.
Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 AT 12:49 PM

MASTERTECHTIM
That will work. Put ohm meter across the pellet and read resistance. If the pellet is no good then unfortunately you will have to use process of elimination to determine proper resistance, and wait 4 minutes between tries. There is no way to determine the resistor your car has.
Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 AT 12:58 PM
BUZZSAW
A caddy dealer has a machine that can tell you
Wednesday, March 5th, 2008 AT 10:11 AM
CPOWDER
Take battery out an let car set over night or for a good 3 to four hours, then try it, I have an 88 seville an it has the theft system also an some time when I go to start I'll turn the key an it won't make a sound so I'll pop the hood take the battery out for awhile then put it back an wammmm it starts.I guess you some how reset all the computer info doing this.
Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 AT 8:47 AM
BUZZSAW
That wont work for this year, sorry

or go have you ign switch repaired right
Friday, March 14th, 2008 AT 1:57 AM
CONDORROCKBILLY
Working on a 91 seville and keys are lost. Owner ripped the column apart and trashed eveything
Tuesday, April 7th, 2009 AT 7:10 PM