COOLING FAN FAILURE

1988 Cadillac Seville

cpowder

March, 7, 2008 AT 11:15 AM

Engine Cooling problem
1988 Cadillac Seville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 190, 00 miles

I've just recently start haveing a problem with my cooling fan coming on when needed. It will come on when I first start the car an after I let the car idle for about 25minutes an the temp has went up to 195degrees an back down a few times the fan cuts off an then it will come back on but it runs very slow with the temp riseing to around 222 an 224 degrees. I changed the fan relay an I don't know if its a bad sending unit or faulty ECM. Please help.

March, 9, 2008 AT 5:36 PM

You might want to test the coolant temperature sensor-I've looked for a temperature sender there's none-the computer reads it and therefore energizes the the fan relay.

Might also want to replace the thermostat-it controls the engine temperature then the coolant temperature sensor sense it and reports the temperature to the computer to activate the relay and to the fan motor

Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage