1990 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD STARTER PROBLEMS

• duranyoung79
  • 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood

Other Category problem
1990 Cadillac Fleetwood V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

On my wifes car, it will not start. I pulled the starter and had it checked out (with the solenoid attached to the side). Both the starter and solenoid are in good shape and working. I also pulled the battery, yet again in good shape. When I put the starter back into the car, it just clicks like the solenoid is burned out. The car does not have the solenoid up top, just attached to the starter itself. I turned the motor to make sure it is not binding up and the crank and pulleys turn freely. I checked the wiring with a voltometer and all is good. Am I missing something here?

Sunday, February 17th, 2008 AT 2:43 PM

• rasmataz

Use a remote starter or a screwdriver on the battery terminal to the solenoid small terminal with a purple wire-did it crank over? If so look for power at the purple wire power-power there you have a bad starter. No power while key is in start position test the transmission range switch/neutral safety switch and ignition switch

Sunday, February 17th, 2008 AT 2:53 PM
  • duranyoung79

The problem was the neutral safety switch. I replaced and now the car works fine

Monday, February 18th, 2008 AT 9:36 PM