EBCM ASSOCIATED WITH DTC CO286

1928 Cadillac Escalade

mbrane

September, 25, 2007 AT 4:06 PM

I have an 02 Escalade that pulled up DTC C0286. The repair tech said that I should replace the EBCM. Where is it located on the vehicle? How do I reset the light once replaced? Are there any other solutions without replacing the EBCM?

Thank you,

Matt

Jack42

September, 26, 2007 AT 3:58 PM

That code refers to a specified amount of leakdown in the pressure of the ABS. If the proper diagnostics were followed, and the results point to a bad EBCM then go for it. The EBCM is located on the inner frame rail, left side. Usually a scanner is req'd to clear ABS codes

mbrane

September, 28, 2007 AT 5:10 PM

Jack-

Can you give me a short tutuorial of how to replace the EBCM and possibly a diagram? I have conflicting information as to whether or not I have to bleed the brakes.

Thank you,

Matt

Jack42

September, 28, 2007 AT 5:38 PM

Try the repair manuals link at bottom of main forum page. Goes to Mitchell, you can read all you need and print info thay you want to keep.

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet