SHAKING

2000 Cadillac DTS

bowerstd

2000 Cadillac DTS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 173000 miles

My car has been shaking as though it wants to cut off. I was advised to replace the coil. I replaced the coil and about a week later the same problems started to occur. It shakes real hard as though it want to quit. Please help me 619-634-7497. I am a single parent trying to have reliable transportation and keep my car up to par. But I really would like fix exactly what wrong with it. I have had a diagnostic and from what I have been told the only thing wrong is that the crank sensor needs to be replaced, but they say that shouldn't make it spudder like that.

Cj7

Ernest Clark

March, 13, 2010 AT 2:52 PM

You shouldn't listen to people's opinions unless they are a qualified technician and have done a thorough diagnosis of your systems. Because replacing parts on the word of someone who " Thinks" this will fix your problem will only cost you money that could've been spent on a mechanic the first time.

As for you issue, you should have your computer scanned again and send me the codes. This will give me more (accurate) information to work with.

Also, a bad crank sensor can cause your engine to run erratic. Mostly, they'll prevent your engine from starting. But if the sensor goes in/out, then it can cause some strange issues.

But your problem could be one of many. Since you have so many miles on your car, your ignition or fuel system may be completely out of tune. But the first step is to get back with me with the codes. And we'll take it from there.

Ignition Coil Replacement Ford Taurus
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide