1996 Cadillac Deville service emissions system

SAVTRAY16@YAHOO.COM
  • 1996 CADILLAC DEVILLE

1996 Cadillac Deville V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

on my dash board it goes across saying service emissions system I research it and it is saying the o2 sensors I was told I have 4 of them 2 underneath and 2 under hood is there anyway to find out what sensors is bad when I drive for a long period of time my car will just cut off in the middle of driving and it says on dash service emissions system. I am fixing to replace the 2 underneath to see if that is the problem my check engine light is on due to the emissions system. Or do I need to take it and get it diagnostic to find out what is wrong. Also I found out how to research codes on the dash hold the off button and warm button and 10 codes pop up and 8 of them say current and 2 say history the 2 that say history means what is wrong with the car. Please let me know what to do

Thursday, August 26th, 2010 AT 7:53 AM

HEAVEN32

Websites are always helpful in one way or the other, anyways, Its a good way to get started to renovate your dreams into the world of reality.

Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 AT 6:34 AM
FACTORYJACK

The history codes are something that has occurred, or set in respect to a current fault. The current codes are something that is actively occurring, or has occurred in that ignition cycle. I would clear them and see which ones reset. As far as O2 i.D, bank one is the bank of cylinders with #1 cylinder inclusive. On your engine, that is the rear bank. So bank one sensor one is in the rear bank manifold, bank 2 sensor 1 in the front manifold. If there is four sensors, there is a bank one sensor 2 pre-cat, and a bank one sensor 3 post cat. On later models there is the two in the manifold, and the post cat sensor for a total of three. Reply back with the codes, I am assuming a p013. On 96 there was a calibration upgrade to the PCM for slow response faults. There is also a possibility of a contaminated sensor, and may indicate an internal coolant leak.

+1
Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 AT 12:54 PM