ELECTRICAL PROBLEM1989 CADILLAC BROUGHAM V8 TWO...

1989 Cadillac Brougham

sideshowbob8300

October, 20, 2008 AT 5:29 PM

1989 Cadillac Brougham V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have replaced the ignition switch and the starter selonoid tests good. When I turn the key to accessory everything works great. Heater fan, radio, lights, all electric accessories run. As soon as I turn the key to start position everything goes dead and the battery is completely drained. What would you suggest I try next. I can't see an obviously broken wire.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 17, 2008 AT 8:26 PM

Hi: IS it that nothing works or the battery immediately goes dead? Make sure the starter wires are not touching.

Let me know.

sideshowbob8300

November, 18, 2008 AT 12:57 AM

The battery goes completely dead when the ignition is turned to start. It will start when jumped by an already running car. Then will run fine until shut off. Turn ign. To acc. And batt. Has full charge. Dead when you hit start. I got under the dash and flicked the key several times and didn't see or hear anything unusual. Working on it alone so I can't check outside and turn the key at the same time by myself. Just looking for some advice on what to try next.

Replace Ignition Switch
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011