SHAKES OR WOBBLES PROBLEM1987 CADILLAC BROUGHAM...

1987 Cadillac Brougham

ktc123

March, 1, 2010 AT 1:31 PM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1987 Cadillac Brougham V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

When I start driving my car there is a fluttering sound coming from underneath of the car. After a while when I try to stop the car acts like all the gears wont downshift until the car slows down and then the car wobbles and shakes when I slow it down. All the gears seem to downshift at the same time. The fluttering gets louder when I accelerate and makes the car shake unless I give it extra gas. The car never cuts off but shakes like it will until the gears shift down to first. I heard it could be the t/v cable but I dont know. It seems like once the tranny gets hot then the downshifting and upshifting gets crazy. Please help cause the car runs fine except this problem. Thanks.

Jack42

March, 3, 2010 AT 7:48 AM

If the trans upshifts like it is supposed to it probably isn the TV cable. Since these problems change with temperature, it is most likely a problem inside the trans. Try a service first (filter kit) to see if that changes/helps anything.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear