HEATER HOSE

1997 Buick Skylark

ISENABUG

July, 24, 2008 AT 6:55 AM

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Buick Skylark 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

HEATER HOSE SEEMS TO HAVE BROKEN OFF DOWN ON LOWER FIREWALL. IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS SOME TYPE OF PLASTIC CONNECTOR OR SOMETHING ON THE HOSE COMING OUT OF THE FIREWALL. I'M GUESSING WHERE IT GOES THROUGH THE FIREWALL AND INTO THE HEATER CORE. THAT IS WHAT SEEMS TO HAVE BROKE. I LOST ALL MY COOLANT. HOW DO I REPAIR THIS, HOW HARD IS IT, AND IS THERE A NAME FOR THE CONNECTOR I AM SPEAKING OF? IS IT POSSIBLE TO REPLACE JUST THAT CONNECTOR AND ATTACH NEW HOSE UNDER HOOD, WITHOUT HAVING TO GET INSIDE THE FIREWALL INTERIOR? I HOPE I AM MAKING SENSE. I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT ON THIS.

John18

August, 11, 2008 AT 12:02 AM

The fitting is molded to the heater core(original equipment) and doesnt seem to be replaceable. The core would have to be replaced.

The fittings can be cut off carefully because the heater core has plastic end tanks and the fittings on these tanks are plastic.

The fittings make the heater core have two hose sizes and once the fittings are removed, the hose sizes are the same, or should be. This is true of some V-6 models.

The core can be bypassed on some cars, this is probably one of them. It is a hard job because of the location of the heater hose but it should be easier on a 4 cyl.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic