1997 BUICK RIVIERA TUNE UP

• rickieg97
  • 1997 Buick Riviera

1997 Buick Riviera 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My Riviera is running a little sluggish. I changed plugs 50K ago. Any thing I can do to help the performance besides changing plugs, and any recommendation on the plugs. Its got 167K and doesn't burn oil. Thanks

Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 12:39 PM

• Ernest Clark

Your plugs are due for a changed. But I'd go with iridium this time around. Also change the wires/boots, fuel and air filters. And have you ever changed the O2 sensors? If not, they're due for a change. Even when the computer doesn't detect a problem with them, they still fall slightly out of range as they age, and the computer compensates for it, but at the cost of fuel economy ans sometimes overall performance.

With so many miles, it possible other engine components/sensors may need changing. But don't fix what ain't broke.

If your engine continues to run sluggish after the tune up, have the computer and sensors checked out.

Sunday, September 26th, 2010 AT 9:48 AM
  • rickieg97

Thanks Ernest, Good information in your reply. I'm going to follow your advise. Appreciate it Rick

Sunday, September 26th, 2010 AT 10:09 AM