DIES

Buick Regal

barnesa

December, 3, 2006 AT 6:50 PM

I have a 1993 buick regal 3.1v with 200,000 miles. Whether idling or at 50 mph the car will attempt to die or stall, but definitly dies at idle intermittently. It doesnt matter if hot or cold, and when it dies the rpm guage sometimes goes up quick then to 0 rpm. It usually starts up again, but lately it cranks over longer untill it starts. If I run up the rpm to 1500 at idle it still wants to stall but I can keep it running longer at a traffic light. There are no ecm codes stored. I replaced: crank sensor, ignition module, spark plugs and wires, iac motor, and all vacuum hoses when I took off the upper plenium to clean it. Maybe its the cam sensor but I cannot find it. I also looked at the rail fuel pressure by barely pressing on the valve you use for testing so a stream would be present and when the car died the stream was the same comming out, so it might not be the fuel pump. Please help, thanks[/b]

Dies On Idle

2CarPros Ken

December, 3, 2006 AT 7:16 PM

Sure sounds like a fuel pump, has the car had a new one installed? 200,000 miles is alot of mile for a pump. : D

barnesa

December, 3, 2006 AT 7:35 PM

Thanks for the quick responce. No I have not installed a new fuel pump yet, I just never thought it could be the culpret as it dies very quickly like a electronic fault.

2CarPros Ken

December, 4, 2006 AT 1:53 PM

Try it and let me know. Thanks for using the 2carpros. Com car repair forum.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right