BRAKE NOISE

2004 Buick Lesabre

jonesfuneralservice

March, 27, 2010 AT 11:50 AM

Brakes problem
2004 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

I just had my brakes repaired about a month ago. I am getting a scrapping noise. Not everytime, but more and more frequent. My mechanic changed the disc pads twice, cleaned the dust away, and another mechanic tightened the bolts because he said they weren't 'seated' right from the previous mechanic. It sounds like its coming from the rear brakes. Both the front and rear brakes are disc. I changed the front breaks in Dec 2009 with no problems. I changed the rotors and discs when they were repaired. This has been ongoing for about a month now. They do something to fix them, but then the sound comes right back. I'll bet I've put over $300. In repair of this problem over the last month with no lasting results. The mechanics don't seem to know anything. What could be the problem? Thank you.

merlin2021

March, 27, 2010 AT 12:00 PM

Two things that stop squeals and other type pad induced noise are the disc hardware, and the shims on the back of the pads, then use some anti seize compound on the back of the pads for extra silencing.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Pads_Hardware_1.jpg

Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear