1999 BUICK CENTURY REAR BRAKE LINE

• lucasmccauley
  • 1999 Buick Century

Brakes problem
1999 Buick Century 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 135550 miles

Can you please give me an estimate on how much it would cost to replace a rear brake line, labor included please?

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 7:34 AM

• Wrenchtech

Are you referring to a bad flexible rubber hose or a rusted out metal brake line?

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 7:56 AM
  • lucasmccauley

I am not sure what the problem is all I know is that brake fluid is leaking from the line in the middle section of the under carrage

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 8:14 AM
  • Wrenchtech

OK, the location of the leak pretty much answers my question. You have rusted out brake lines. I can't tell the degree of the problem from where I'm at but I can tell you I have dealt with many of these situations. The bad sections of line have to be cut out and ne lines have to be fabricated from straight line. They cannot use simple compression fittings to do this. Every connect has to be double flared and a thread together union used. You also have to start where you have good solid line to work with. Most of the time it means replacing all lines from about the firewall back. This usually takes about 3 to 5 hours of labor and about $50 in parts so you could be looking at $300 to $500, depending what condition the rest of the lines are in.

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 8:26 AM
  • lucasmccauley

Thats what I was affraid of. Thanks for your help!

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 8:30 AM
  • Wrenchtech

Your welcome

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 8:38 AM