Hi and thanks for using 2CarPros. Com.
The first thing I would suggest is to make sure the brake fluid is full. If it is low, it will turn on the light. If you already checked the fluid level, have the computer scanned to identify what trouble codes are stored. That will help us identify where the problem is coming from.
Here are the directions:
Master Cylinder Reservoir Filling
Caution: Refer to Brake Fluid Irritant Caution in Service Precautions.
Notice: When adding fluid to the brake master cylinder reservoir, use only GM approved or equivalent DOT-3 brake fluid from a clean, sealed brake fluid container. The use of any type of fluid other than the recommended type of brake fluid may cause contamination which could result in damage to the internal rubber seals and/or rubber linings of hydraulic brake system components.
Notice: Refer to Brake Fluid Effects on Paint and Electrical Components Notice in Service Precautions.
1. Visually inspect the brake fluid level through the brake master cylinder auxiliary reservoir.
2. If the brake fluid level is at or below the half-full point during routine fluid checks, the brake system should be inspected for wear and possible brake fluid leaks.
3. If the brake fluid level is at or below the half-full point during routine fluid checks, and an inspection of the brake system did not reveal wear or brake fluid leaks, the brake fluid may be topped-off up to the maximum-fill level.
4. If brake system service was just completed, the brake fluid may be topped-off up to the maximum-fill level.
5. If the brake fluid level is above the half-full point, adding brake fluid is not recommended under normal conditions.
6. If brake fluid is to be added to the master cylinder auxiliary reservoir, clean the outside of the reservoir on and around the reservoir cap prior to removing the cap and diaphragm.
The master cylinder is under the hood on the driver's side. It is mounted to the firewall. I attached a picture of it to help you locate it.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Saturday, September 15th, 2018 AT 7:13 PM