Brake Fluid Leak?

ROGERBOWSER46
  • 2003 FORD F-350
  • TURBO
  • RWD
Did a brake job on my vehicle and I had to replace a caliper.I now have a brake fluid leak. It looks like it is coming from the bottom side of where the brake line attaches to the caliper. There is what appears to be a brass washer between the bolt & the brake line fitting, which seems to be okay. The leak is coming from the bottom side of the fitting, where it sits on the caliper. There is no washer or anything. That is where the fluid seems to be coming from. I have tightened the fitting very, very tight, but it still leaks. Thanks.
Sunday, October 30th, 2016 AT 1:19 PM

Usually there is a copper washer on both sides of the brake line fitting. They sort of squish-n-seal when the bolt is tightened.

I could ot find a picture for yours, below is a diagram for a Jeep CJ, more than likely the same sort of setup.

Let us know how it goes.

The Medic
+1
Sunday, October 30th, 2016 AT 2:18 PM
ROGERBOWSER46
Thank you! The bottom washer must have fallen off when I replaced the caliper. I will get new washers.
Thanks again!
Sunday, October 30th, 2016 AT 3:07 PM
Keep us updated.

Every now and again you will find new ones in with the new caliper.

The Medic
Sunday, October 30th, 2016 AT 3:24 PM
RENEE
Nice job CJ MEDEVAC!
Monday, October 31st, 2016 AT 12:48 PM
GJSTARIHA
  • 1997 FORD F-350
I lost brake fluid but it didn't leak out anywhere? Is it possible it is in the vacuum tank behind the master cylinder? If so. What is the fix? Do I need to replace the master cylinder? The brake and abs lights are on.
Wednesday, March 17th, 2021 AT 12:38 PM (Merged)
MERLIN2021
Shut the truck off, make sure there is fluid in the master, then pump the brakes. Now remove the two nuts securing the master to the booster, is it wet? If so, replace the master, start the truck with the master still seperated, is the booster sucking air? If yes replace the booster too.

Sponsored links