Body control module went out!

CNLOOPER
  • 2014 FORD F-150
Can someone explain and tell me what all this module does and what all it controls and what would cause it to go out. The dealership just called me and told me the body control module went out and it needs replaced. What causes this is my main concern! Wold changing the battery and aftermarket amp and subwoofers make this problem happ pen? Thanks!
Friday, March 25th, 2016 AT 9:26 AM

The body control module controls about everything inside truck and outside sometimes. It' deals with lights, radio, cameras etc. It may be a connection problem or what is called a can bus which several modules are connected on same line and if one goes out it cause a aproblem. It can be a shorted wire, water, etc. To cause it to go out. Or even a surge of electricity that is to high in voltage.
-1
Friday, March 25th, 2016 AT 10:23 AM
CNLOOPER
So obviously my amplifer and subwoofers made it go out, cause u are supposed to hook a remote turn-on lead wire from the amp to a terminal to get the amp to turn on and off when ignition switch turned on. That comes to be ran to the junction fuse box for that while running a straight power lead from the amplifier to battery. I
Friday, March 25th, 2016 AT 12:32 PM
I didn't recognize the name when I answered the question but because your fuse box burnt up for whatever reason that is why the module went out. But it may be because of the amp/subwoofer caused the fuse box problem in the first place.
Friday, March 25th, 2016 AT 1:07 PM
CNLOOPER
Lol haha! Well, if that's the case that the subs and amp caused the module to go out. Which I pretty sure that had to be the cause. Obviously, I'm going to have to find another route to hook up my remote turn on lead wire running with the factory unit. At first it was running from amp into fusebox into a accessory slot with the fuse in it that is a 12v power source when the keys turned on. May have to get some kind of converter for the head unit to solve this problem. I was told there isn't a remote turn on wire on the harness on the back of the unit. But all aftermarket ones have them. All be damn if I hook it back up to the junctuon box again and this happen a secong time. I don't see a po8nt in replacing the oem navigation system it's a awesome deck to begin with. The dealer ship is fixing it and ford is warranty it for the repairs.
Friday, March 25th, 2016 AT 10:38 PM
Well that's good you can always hookup a fused circuit from battery with a relay to operate this. You just have to make sure to turn it off when car is shut down.
Saturday, March 26th, 2016 AT 7:39 AM