2004 BMW X3 P0599 CODE

• ethelbert
  • 2004 BMW X3

Engine Cooling problem
2004 BMW X3 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

im due w/ smog check. Can't PASS x2 after even changing the coolant thermostat. We already went to 3 service centers. Seemed like this P0599 manufacturer are a lot of things. Im so confused already. First, it says thermostat control circuit high. Then cruise control sensor, then 4x4, now the airbag light's on.

we don't know anymore. Dealer asks$3000k for fixing 2 problem only. And I checked the sensors they're all @$29-$39.99 range. Why charge costumers in $$$$?

pls. Help what seemed to be the real P0599 trouble?How do we fix it?

Sunday, July 25th, 2010 AT 2:18 PM

• Dr. Hagerty

First, we need to have the car scanned with the proprietary BMW software to extract the reason the fault exists. The generic scan tools are not able to discern what the problem is and the P0xxx codes are manufacturers codes that do not correlate to what BMW says. Let me get clear about one other thing, the fault returns after you clear it with the generic tool, correct?

Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 3:02 AM