SHOWS TRANSMISSON LOCK

1998 BMW 740

Munguia2000

November, 27, 2009 AT 5:14 PM

1998 BMW 740 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I recently changed the speed sensors. But I need to know how to put in the transmission oil. The canister stays filled to the top with out it going down to the transmission.

Dr Loot

November, 27, 2009 AT 5:36 PM

First of all, you will need a special socket 17 mm revers make sure the vehicle is fully warmed up before removing the plug at the bottom of the transmission, make sure you get the proper fluid for your vehicle specifications, most likely from the dealer. Or a European parts store. Fill the transmission, while the vehicle is running until it comes out.

Munguia2000

November, 27, 2009 AT 5:53 PM

The Atf was drained. I changed both speed sensors. Now, How do I fill the whole trans. Pan at the bottom? If the canister on top won't drain down to the trans. Pan.

Dr Loot

November, 27, 2009 AT 6:49 PM

. I believe you are confused on what reservoir you are talking about, you better give me a call @ (785) 218-7350

VSS Sensor Replacement Video