TRANS PROGRAM AND DOWN SHIFTS HARD INTERMITTEN

1994 BMW 740

alyree

August, 22, 2008 AT 4:43 PM

1994 BMW 740 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 174000 miles

car runs fine on highway. In town I can feel like a shuttering and some times it will down shift harder than normal. About a week ago, drove about one mile, stopped for 2 minutes took off again and tran program pop up and car went into limp mode. Turned car off and has not happened again. Hope you can shed some light, hooping for maybe a program update.

Dr. Hagerty

August, 22, 2008 AT 9:13 PM

1994 cars dont update the program they change the chip. I will repost with the availability but I have to go right now to deal with my family, I will return.

alyree

August, 23, 2008 AT 9:24 AM

Does the chip go bad? Is there a way to reset the chip? Hope everything with family is okay. Thanks for the quick response.

Dr. Hagerty

August, 23, 2008 AT 7:14 PM

Family is okay, thanks. The chip has updated programming and is write once read many. There is a source I have in San Diego that can ship the chip, can you send me your contact information in a private message (see the " PM" icon in the response) and I will be in touch.

alyree

August, 23, 2008 AT 7:21 PM

I hit the PM button and it tells me that I need 10 posts before I can sent a PM

Dr. Hagerty

August, 23, 2008 AT 7:28 PM

Can you send it to my Email address pghagerty@aol. Com