TRANS PROGRAM

1994 BMW 535

joshtheman

August, 28, 2008 AT 5:09 PM

1994 BMW 535 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130k miles

On the Indicator Screen it reads " trans program" and i've searched everything I can to find out what it means, but it just told me to turn off the car and dont run my engine to high.
What are the possible things that could make it read " Trans Program"

Dr. Hagerty

August, 28, 2008 AT 9:10 PM

The 535 E-34 model has a 4-HP22EH transmission and there may be an issue with the electrical aspect of the system. I recommend seeking a BMW pro in your area to scan the system to find out what is the cause of the warning light. It could be a faulty speed sensor in the transmission, if I were to offer a guess.

joshtheman

August, 28, 2008 AT 9:13 PM

That actually should be a 525

Dr. Hagerty

August, 28, 2008 AT 9:39 PM

That is different, the force motor is possibly at the cause of this fault and there is a replacement chip for the transmission control module. It will be VIN specific. Please repost with the vehicle ID. Also what have you done so far to correct this problem?

joshtheman

August, 28, 2008 AT 9:49 PM

Getting transmission fluid and filter changed this weekend and I can get the vin in the morning if you dont mind the wait, thank you for being patient

Dr. Hagerty

August, 28, 2008 AT 9:53 PM

No worries. I am here for you ♥

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars