TRANSMISSION LIGHT CAME ON

1988 BMW 535

gisloc

1988 BMW 535 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 235*** miles

My transmission ligth came on. Wouldnt shift out of 1st I think because it was taking for ever to get up to speed. Tryed to put it in sport to see if it would fix it. It snaped back to economy.I parked the car. Started it back up and the light was off. Nowmy tranny m ount is broken and i'm getting it fixed. Is it possible some wire came lose? If not what is it

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

mhpautos

January, 6, 2008 AT 3:03 AM

Hi there,

Automatic transmissions are extremely complex item, the light may well have set a fixed fault code in the ECU. Have that checked, as for the reason for your transmission error, this type of issue would be best discussed with your dealer, I have not experienced this problem in your type of car before, but your dealer may well have a past history and should be able to advise you on what needs to be done, but the very first thing is to have any transmission codes read, as this will be the first place to find any indication of a problem.

gisloc

Wellthe light went off when I parked the car and turned it back on. So can they still read a code in it

mhpautos

Hi there,

Yes, if there has been a fault code set, it will stay there until it is deleted, you can also have fault codes set without the light being activated.

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz