1999 BMW 528I

• truelove
  • 1999 BMW 528

Car overheated. I am going to investigate but is there anything else to replace besides t-stat, w-pump, radiator cap i.E. Sensors etc? Also, looking down at the radiator to the left at the bottom is an electrical plug. On the right side of the radiator about 1/4 of the way down there is an electrical plug in. I am missing whatever plugs into this. What is this plug?

Saturday, May 5th, 2007 AT 12:57 PM

• merlin2021

Does the water temp gauge work correctly?

Monday, May 7th, 2007 AT 5:05 PM
  • truelove

The temp gauge never went past half way. The blowback was coming through the bleeder valve on the expansion tank. When the car cooled the I checked the bleeder valve with my fingers the top of it snapped off and I barely touched it.

Monday, May 7th, 2007 AT 8:00 PM
  • merlin2021

This tank is made of? A) Metal.B). Plastic. If a replace it it was not holding system pressure anyway! Then pressure test the cooling system. Any radiator shop can do this.

Monday, May 7th, 2007 AT 8:05 PM
  • truelove

I replaced the broken bleeder screw and it has not overheated as of today 5/8/2007.

Tuesday, May 8th, 2007 AT 5:26 PM