2002 BMW 325 Bearings?

COPEPOD
  • 2002 BMW 325
Hi

I have been quite bothered with a humming sound on my recently purchased e46. The sound is a humming that comes on only at low speeds (10 mph) and it picks up at a low speed only and when turning around at low speeds. I changed the front wheel driver bearing thinking that it may make it better but the sound did not change. Should I also change the passenger side. The sound is very difficult to track from inside the cabin. It almost comes from the front of the car almost as if the entire front end was resonating. I also rotated the wheels to see if it would make the difference but nothing. Maybe it is tire roar? I have performance tires with very pronounced treads, Could it be the rear bearings? Or a bigger problem. Please help me out.
Sunday, May 4th, 2008 AT 10:00 AM

HAGERT
Tires will make the noise you describe, also the wheel bearings can make the noise seem like it is coming from the front. Have someone listen as you drive by.
Sunday, May 4th, 2008 AT 10:08 AM