WINDSHIELD WIPER...

BMW 323

IsaisFrank

October, 24, 2007 AT 11:07 AM

Hello, I have a 1999 323i Sedan 6 cylinder, 125k miles

When I turn off my windshield wipers, they dont return to their original position, rather they stay halfway up.

How can I reset/fix this problem?

Dr. Hagerty

October, 29, 2007 AT 10:23 AM

What have you done so far?
Could be an internal wiper motor issue.
When did this start?

asvaldez

November, 13, 2007 AT 8:53 PM

1995 BMW 325i, 150,000 miles, 6 cylinder. When my wipers are turned off their rest position is about 8" above the bottom of the windshield. I thought I could loosen and lower the arms, but this of course, lowers their down stroke and casues them to get stuck below the hoodline. With the car off, I can push the wipers down to the bottom of the windshield, but as soon as I turn the ignition, the wipers come to life and return to this high position. I have gotten use to it, but it urks me because I'm sure it's not suppose to be this way. : X

Dr. Hagerty

November, 14, 2007 AT 10:11 AM

Go to the wiper motor and loosen the nut that retains the crank arm, the crank arm sits on a tapered and splined shaft, remove the crank arm. Then operate the motor until the " park" position is achieved.(The position the wiper motor sits in when the wipers are off and the arms are in their lowest position) then with the wiper arms in their lowest position and the wiper motor in the " park" position, reattach the crank arm and tighten the retaining nut to about 8 foot/pounds. If you have a problem, send me a PM and we will see what is next.

Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL