2005 AUDI CABRIOLET WINDSHIELD

• richera1
  • 2005 Audi Cabriolet

2005 Audi Cabriolet 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 55,000 miles

I purchased my car two years ago with 30,000 miles on it and have been happily driving it without incident. About six months ago, whenever it rains or snows, my windshield becomes impossible to see through unless I hit the washer fluid constantly. Its like looking through thick wax paper. I have had the blades changed twice and the Audi dealer even replaced the entire wiper mechanism to no avail. A friend who suggested it might be a leak in between the two panes of glass but then why would putting on the washer fluid help? I cannot drive the car when there is precipitation and the insurance won't cover this problem. Thoughts?

Tuesday, February 9th, 2010 AT 1:28 PM

• Jack42

Does the defroster make nay difference? Sounds liek a temp variance is causing theoutside of thewindow to fog, instead of the inside. Have you noticed any moisture on the inside of the car? I dont see any TSB's (Tech Service Bulletins) on the windshield.

Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 AT 7:49 AM
  • richera1

Nope, no moisture on the inside of the car. And the defroster seems to work fine when the windshield fogs up as long as it is not raining or snowing and then its like looking through wax paper.

Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 AT 7:53 AM
  • Jack42

But the wipers clear it off?

Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 AT 7:58 AM
  • richera1

The wipers clear it off ONLY if I also use the wiper fluid at the same time CONSTANTLY. WIthout the wiper fluid the wipers just smear the windshield. And the wipers have been replaced twice as has the wiper mechanism.

Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 AT 8:03 AM
  • Jack42

I have never heard of anything like that before. Have you tried cleaning the windshield with vinegar or other cleaner to see if it has a film of some kind on it? Only thing I can think of is that the heat from the engine is being blown up on the widow somehow and causing it to fog up

Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 AT 8:08 AM
  • richera1

I will try the vinegar.

Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 AT 8:13 AM
  • Jack42

Lemme know what happens. Im very curious as to what this is

Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 AT 8:16 AM
  • richera1

Yeah, you and me both. Stay tuned and thanks for your help.

Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 AT 8:46 AM
  • Jack42

My Honda fogs up just like that on the outside, but the defroster will clear it up once the window is warm

Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 AT 9:23 AM