SHUTTER UNDER ACCELERATION

• gr8nrg
  • Audi A4

I have a 1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. Recently I have noticed a shutter in higher gear lower to mid range RPM" s. There is no evidence in first or second throughout the band but in 3, 4 and 5 it seems to shutter from 2-5k rpm. It is bad under stress, like say accelerating up hill but not so bad otherwise. Where should I start is this transmission? Fuel supply? Valves and cam? Or something connected with the CAT and exhaust? Should I throw Turbo and intake in there as well? Thanks for any help and direction.

Friday, July 6th, 2007 AT 1:49 AM

• fcricket75

I have the same problem with a 99 2.8l quattro, and ask myself the same questions. Did you find the issue?

Sunday, October 28th, 2007 AT 11:20 AM
  • cdsburnwell

I have a 1999 A4 1.8 Turbo. After a recent Oil Change, Tire rotation, and air filter change (Pep Boys) I have the similar experience after driving 40 miles. Same symptoms described above. Any thoughts?

Sunday, October 28th, 2007 AT 6:40 PM