ENGINE OIL MIXING WITH THE WATER.

1995 Audi A4

jaco30

September, 11, 2010 AT 12:16 PM

1995 Audi A4 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 158000 miles

hi, I need advice on my audi, the engine oil is mixing with the water. The block was skimmed and the heads. The engine started mixing the oil and water and I then took the block and heads to the engineering for pressure testing. All came back that it was fine. I redonr the engine and I am still having the same problem, the vehicle doesnt have an oil cooler as I had that checked already. If any body can give me advise thanks

Ernest Clark

September, 21, 2010 AT 10:32 AM

I first need to know where the oil and water are mixing. Is this in the crank case or in the cooling system?

If it's in the crank case, you have a blown intake/head gasket. If it's in the cooling system, and you don't have a oil cooler, then that is transmission fluid, not oil mixing with the coolant.

This will happen when a crack develops inside the radiator (the radiator has a built-in tranny cooler as well).

You'll have to replace that.

jaco30

September, 22, 2010 AT 12:19 AM

The oil is mixing into the water and pusing the water out of the water bottle. The engine oil goes missing, I do understand the radiator can have an oil cooler but there is no pipes going to the radiator.

Ernest Clark

September, 22, 2010 AT 4:01 PM

The radiator wouldn't have both a tranny cooler and oil cooler. If your oil is getting into the coolant, then it's either a blown head gasket, intake gasket or cracked block or head. (Despite the previous pressure test, there's no other way)

A pressure test will find it.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Accord
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series