1995 AUDI A4 ENGINE OIL MIXING WITH THE WATER.

• jaco30
  • 1995 Audi A4

1995 Audi A4 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 158000 miles

hi, I need advice on my audi, the engine oil is mixing with the water. The block was skimmed and the heads. The engine started mixing the oil and water and I then took the block and heads to the engineering for pressure testing. All came back that it was fine. I redonr the engine and I am still having the same problem, the vehicle doesnt have an oil cooler as I had that checked already. If any body can give me advise thanks

Saturday, September 11th, 2010 AT 12:16 PM

• Ernest Clark

I first need to know where the oil and water are mixing. Is this in the crank case or in the cooling system?

If it's in the crank case, you have a blown intake/head gasket. If it's in the cooling system, and you don't have a oil cooler, then that is transmission fluid, not oil mixing with the coolant.

This will happen when a crack develops inside the radiator (the radiator has a built-in tranny cooler as well).

You'll have to replace that.

Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 AT 10:32 AM
  • jaco30

The oil is mixing into the water and pusing the water out of the water bottle. The engine oil goes missing, I do understand the radiator can have an oil cooler but there is no pipes going to the radiator.

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 AT 12:19 AM
  • Ernest Clark

The radiator wouldn't have both a tranny cooler and oil cooler. If your oil is getting into the coolant, then it's either a blown head gasket, intake gasket or cracked block or head. (Despite the previous pressure test, there's no other way)

A pressure test will find it.

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 AT 4:01 PM