80 IGINATION COIL PROBLEM

1980 Audi A2

swatch_kimo

June, 20, 2007 AT 12:35 AM

Hi I have audi 80 1990.I had prob 1st when I turn car off it make back fire. And I toke Distributor out 2 make new timing. Then I moved Crank to cam bilt sign (OT)and installed Distributor. But motor wont turn on.I checked the wire come from Iginition coil I found no fir come.I got other iginition but still not going.
i dont know what wrong it was working very good. Please I need help. Ask me if you need pic.
thanks

Dr Loot

August, 26, 2009 AT 5:54 PM

Okay listen up, you're going to have to take out spark plug number one, turn the vehicle over until you feel compression coming out of the cylinder, then put it on top dead Center, but you're distributor cap on, to check which way it needs to point to cylinder number one then try and see if it starts, another problem I think you may be having is that you cannot position the distributor good enough to make its mark, so listen up again it's called static timing, do not tighten up the distributor all the way, put your cap on, take the spark plug that you have removed from cylinder number one, hold it to ground, twist the distributor until it sparks, you'll have to do it several times until you can stop the distributor right when it sparks, tightened up the distributor but the spark plug back in and it should start up, then you will have to time it

Ignition Coil Replacement Ford Taurus
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide