POWER WINDOWS AND SUNROOF WONT WORK

1995 Audi 90

SeamusMulligan

July, 13, 2010 AT 9:18 PM

1995 Audi 90 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 179000 miles

My power windows and power sunroof won't work. I ran power to the window motors and they all work, however, the switches wont activate the motor. Since there is about 20 wires going to the drivers door, I do not know which wires are the hot wires. I searched, but cannot find a fuse that is blow, nor can I find a fuse labeled windows. Where is the fuse located or any suggestions?

July, 14, 2010 AT 10:22 AM

Hi SeamusMulligan,

Thank you for the donation.

The main power source is from fuse # 43 ( 20 A) located in Auxiliary Relay Panel, behind left side of instrument panel.

It is the Red/Black wire to the Power Control Module ( terminal 2) at same location.

The power to the power window switch is from terminal # 8 of Power Window Control module to the door switches ( Red/Blue wire).

jgsellar

March, 26, 2015 AT 10:08 AM

If the power windows, sunroof, heating fan, wipers and washers do not work, the problem is likely with the Relief Relay in the fuse box under the hood. The relay is numbered 213 and is easily removed. Make sure the terminals are clean, give it a few light taps and reinstall.

Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML