Can I add on-off switch connect to the main switch power and use solar power inventor 5000 watt or 12v generator

AZZAM12AZZAM
  • 2010 FORD F-450
Since all lights and air condition and refg doesn't operate when the switch is off does any body know how I can solve this problem? I converted to RV I need travel. Can I add on-off switch connect to the main switch power and use solar power inventor 5000 watt or 12v generator? So I can use the utilities when I am in dessert or else what other options? Especially I understand rear air-condition could be no way to use it when switch is off. This is an ambulance converstion.
Wednesday, November 27th, 2019 AT 11:48 AM

SCGRANTURISMO

Sure you could. I wouldn't hook it to main power switch, though, I would buy a bus bar and then run wires from the bus bar to the components that you want to power with the power source. Put the on/off switch inline in between the power source and the bus bar. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Wednesday, November 27th, 2019 AT 5:44 PM
AZZAM12AZZAM
Thanks Alex, I am trying to avoid putting more wires because the car is already loaded with punch of wires. Usually when am driving I don't need the power inside. I needed only when I stop in places for one or two days. Can I cancel the main switch and hooked to solar invertor or other wise I will follow your advice. But how I can solve the rear air-condition when engine is off or I have to buy external air-condition especially am trying not to make holes in the sailing.
Thanks again Alex I highly appreciated your respond.
Thursday, November 28th, 2019 AT 2:08 PM
SCGRANTURISMO

Yes you will either have to buy an external Air Conditioning Unit or idle your vehicle's engine. In order for your vehicle's A/C to be on the engine has to running. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Thursday, November 28th, 2019 AT 8:12 PM

Sponsored links