92 PICKUP EFI FUSE BLOWS(22RE)

1992 All Other Makes All Other Models

L0st_Sail0r

August, 15, 2006 AT 7:52 PM

I have a 1992 Toyaya Pick Up with A 22RE. Initially the engine would bog down in the first two gears when the engine was cold. Now That does not seem to occur as often, But The EFI fuse blows durring moderate toheavy acceleration. I Suspect the fuel pump (More like a random guess) Is there any way to test the fuel pump to see if is drawing too much current. Are there any other suggestions on what could be wrong.

Mikeybdman

August, 15, 2006 AT 8:12 PM

Pretty good guess since that is the highest amp drawing item in that circuit. It could be something shorting out, but in most cases, I would look for the highest drawing item first.

L0st_Sail0r

August, 16, 2006 AT 6:56 AM

Hi.

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if you have any suggestions on the best way to measure/determine if the fuel pump is bad (Expected resistance or test points for amps)

Thanks a Lot

Mikeybdman

August, 16, 2006 AT 1:24 PM

I dont think your gonna find a resistance check for a fuel pump. Basically you would be checking the continuity of the coil of the motor. I have never heard of any manufactures giving resistances of motors.
I would say that the max current draw for that motor should be less than 15 amps. Probably more like 10 amps or so max.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

L0st_Sail0r

August, 16, 2006 AT 8:18 PM

Thank you for all your help. The fault turns out to be burnt 02 sensor wiring. It is amazing the truck ran at all. I am not sure why it would only pop the fuse under higher revs, but I had about 5 inches of melted wires.

Mikeybdman

August, 16, 2006 AT 9:54 PM

I saw that that fuse went off on the diagram to another section of the PCM, but it had all sorts of model variations that I just couldnt track it down. Even if I had seen the O2 sensor on the diagram, I doubt I would have mentioned it. Who would have ever thunk to look at an O2 sensor for the EFI fuse.
I am very glad you fixed your problem, and will jot that one down for later reference.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang