QUESTIONS FOR ALL CARS NEED MECHANIC HELP.

2010 All Other Makes All Other Models

Mechanics17

October, 15, 2009 AT 6:58 AM

2010 Questions for all other cars

i am wanting to work part time at a mechanic, but I am still in school.
i heard I would have to do a traineeship or an apprenticeship but im not sure what this involves.
ive researched a bit but am still confused and was wondering how I could do this.
i only want to work part time and im not planning to base my future job on it but am very interested in doing this for a few years.
i dont mind the whole, sweeping the floors and just standing by watching, for a while at the start
i have no experience, besides hobbies. I am just really interested.
if you could help me I would be very greatful
thanks

October, 18, 2009 AT 12:14 PM

Hi Mechanics17,

If you are not interested in this industry as a career, forget about traineeship and apprenticeship. It is going to be a waste of your time and part of your life.

If you wish to take this up as a hobby, here is a link for you to understand the mechanics of a vehicles.

http://www.2carpros.com/how_does_it_work.htm

At top left of our main page, you can see the various links that you can click for the various categories. Doing research here would be good enough.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper
Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape