VIBRATION DURING ACCELERATION AFTER AXLE REP

2004 Acura TSX

micah476

August, 26, 2010 AT 8:10 AM

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2004 Acura TSX 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 104000 miles

I have a 2004 Acura TSX with a 6MT transmission. I started to get bad vibration during acceleration, starting about midway up the tach in 2nd and all the way through 4th gear. Eventually it got so bad it felt like going through a space shuttle re-entry. I got the front axles replaced, and the problem seemed solved for a day or two. Now I am getting the same vibration, but much less severe, and only in 2nd gear between 2000 and 2500 rpm. Baffling to me, but hopefully someone will have an idea for me.

August, 26, 2010 AT 8:42 AM

Hi micah476,

Is the vibrations felt through the steering wheel?
Were the axle shafts replaced new, used or rebuilt?
Does the vibration disappears immediately upon release of the accelerator pedal?

micah476

September, 1, 2010 AT 9:13 AM

Yes, I feel the vibration in the steering wheel. If I'm accelerating uphill it's worse and makes the dash shake left to right. The axles were new but not acura. Vibration stops immediately upon release of the accelerator. Driving me nuts.

September, 1, 2010 AT 9:59 AM

Get the CV shafts checked. The inner joints are out of balance.

Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Service Chevrolet 2500HD
Differential Fluid Service - Front
Differential Fluid Level Check