1999 Acura TL electircal problems =[

• 1 POST
  • 1999 ACURA TL

1999 Acura TL 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

My problems seem to have started when I took out the old radio and had a new one installed professionally.
there seems to be a 7.5 amp fuse missing from spot 5 on the drivers side controlling the day light function. I tried to put a fuse in only to notice that the metal part that hold the fuse in is missing? I was wondering if there is anyway to fix that myself.
my second problem is that all the controls the the left of the steering wheel do not work at all, my TCS, cruise control and my moon roof all do not work. They dont even light up and my moon roof wont move at all. Im wondering what the heck happened? I checked all the fuses and they seem to be good.
any help is appreciated.

Friday, March 19th, 2010 AT 5:25 PM

If the terminal is missing from the fuse box, there never was a fuse there. That would have been added at the factory for some accessory system that isn't on your car.

For the controls, suspect a defective clock spring under the steering wheel. As it continues to break, the horn will stop working and the air bag light will come on.

Friday, March 19th, 2010 AT 6:55 PM