CHANGE BRAKE FLUID

2003 Acura RSX

cfli1688c1

May, 16, 2010 AT 7:55 PM

Brakes problem
2003 Acura RSX 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 46000 miles

I was told that my brake fluid is dark, and needs changing. I was searching online and know that involves bleeding the brake. What if I just replace the brake fluid in the brake fluid reservoir, without bleeding the brakes? Would it extend the life of the brake fluid. I understand it will not completely replace the brake fluid. I was thinking that the new brake fluid will eventually get to the brake, together with the old fluid. This would dilute it into not so old fluid. Thanks.

mhpautos

May, 16, 2010 AT 8:22 PM

Hi there,

you will have to remove all the old fluid, this is important, to do this get a jar and place a small amount of brake fluid in it, attach a length of clear hose to the bleeder and place other end in jar, open bleeder and slowly pump pedal, with the hose in the fluid on air will enter the brakes, pump till fluid runs clean, keep reservoir full and close off bleeder with pedal still down, do all 4 wheels.

Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML