1998 ACURA

• dennisolexa
  • 1998 Acura

1998 Other Acura Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

when it rains my car loses power while clouds of white smoke pour from the exhaust during which time the car wants to stall and sometimes does. If it stays running until the clouds of white smoke go away the car regains its power temporarily (a couple minutes at best)then the same thing happens again. Worse on any type of incline. The wetter the worse it is. Today for the first time eve rmy car sat out in the cold overnight and although it wasn't raining today the car had no power whatsoever when I went 4 miles to the store. It would only go 20 mph even when I floored it. No smoke though.I recently had the distributor changed out, new plugs, wires but problem is the same. So far intermittent clouds of white smoke only in wet conditions. When any of the above happens the check engine light comes on

Sunday, March 9th, 2008 AT 8:47 PM

• dennisolexa

Monday, March 10th, 2008 AT 7:17 PM
  • dennisolexa

When can I expect an answer. Sorry. First time user of site.I made a donation.

Monday, March 10th, 2008 AT 7:21 PM
  • Jack42

Have the cat converter tested for excessive backpressure. Sounds like it is causing a restriction in the exhaust, which in turn makes the car sluggish

Tuesday, March 11th, 2008 AT 7:44 AM