1995 Acura Integra 5th gear shakes

SONOFAMITCH
  • 1995 ACURA INTEGRA

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1995 Acura Integra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 149969 miles

when driving my car I noticed that my 5th gearr shakes. All other gears are fine but the 5th gear jerks alot

Sunday, April 5th, 2009 AT 3:50 PM

F4I_GUY

What shakes and wobbles?

The chassis? Steering wheel?

Sunday, April 5th, 2009 AT 6:03 PM
TED-E-DEE

Can you get the frt. Of you car in the air? If you can access the underneath of your vehicle, ck. The end cover of your trans., If there is an oil leak around your end cover, you could be losing 5th gear. 5th gear is higher up than all the other gears & if the end cover or if there is a trans. Leak anywhere for that matter, 5th gear is the 1st to go. You may be able to replace the 5th gear assy. W/out removing the trans.. When you remove the end cover, it's right there. Might have to remove trans. Mount bolt & lower engine/trans. To remove the assy. From the shaft. Good Luck. I hope it's smoehing much easier. I have done several of 5th gears though, so I thought I would send ya the info.

Sunday, April 26th, 2009 AT 7:28 AM