AXLE PROBLEM

1994 Acura Integra

luanguen

March, 13, 2010 AT 10:17 AM

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1994 Acura Integra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 86000 miles

Yesterday my friend helped me lowering the car by adding coilovers to it. We started on the front left wheel, to get the stock spring out we had to push the strut down downward and this is where the problem comes in. Pushing with hands downward isn't enough power so I use my legs to push the hub assembly downward. The strut is out. Stock springs is out but the wheel is locked. My friend thinks the axle must have fall out of socket so we tried to push it back in blindy but it did not work. Please help, thank you very much

March, 14, 2010 AT 1:25 AM

Hi luanguen,

You had dislodged the inner CV joints and the spider rollers have moved too far out and been unseated. You would need to slowly turn and try to get it to reseat but is not going to be easy.

Remove the inner joint boot band and pull the boot away while you try to reseat the rollers. DO NOT allow the rollers to fall out and if they do, note the direction of how they are seated, any mistake can be costly, it could break the inner joint housing.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_CVShaft94IntegraFig02_1.jpg

Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Change Ford F250
Differential Fluid Level Check