2000 ACURA EL AIR CONDITIONING PROBLEM

• ianmcd323
  • 2000 Acura EL

Air Conditioning problem
2000 Acura EL 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

My air conditioning was working great, until I had my fuel injectors cleaned. It may have been a coincidence but the AC quit right after that.

I tried recharging it, and there seems to be pressure in the system. When I turn on the AC it gets cold for about 30 seconds but then there is a cyclic sputtering noise from in front of the front passenger's seat and the AC stops working.

I have also tried injecting a leak filler into the AC system, this didn't seem to help.

HELP!

Friday, May 15th, 2009 AT 9:23 PM

• Dr Loot

It could be a couple problems, first of all you may have a bad pressure switch that switch is located on the high side hoes just follow it until you find a little spending unit with two or three wires, you can make a jumper and bypass the switch if it stays on then you have a bad switch, but it sounds to me like because of the noise for compressors making you may have a bad clutch, it will run for a little bit until he gets hot than the clutch will not stick.

Wednesday, August 26th, 2009 AT 1:48 PM