I bought a used 1999 Acura CL, 3.2. It has 124k miles and runs good. However, the Alarm system doesn't work.
I use the keyless to lock/unlock the doors but not the trunk.
The alarm system doesn't work. When I lock the vehicle it beeps but no sound. I hear the lock click bit no sound. I think the previous owner disabled the alarm system and I'd like to enable/reset.
I need help in activating the Alarm system.
Hello, it could be several things. The horn may not be working or disconnected etc. I have attached a few things for you. Hope this helps.
1997 2.2CL with factory-installed security system
1998 2.3CL with factory-installed security system
1997-99 3.0CL with factory-installed security system
Programming the Transmitter
NOTES: This system accepts up to four transmitters.
Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.
You must perform each of the first twelve steps within 5 seconds of each other to enter programming mode. Programming each transmitter (step 13) must be done within 10 seconds.
1. Make sure the doors are unlocked.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
3. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the transmitter.
4. Turn the ignition switch to ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (0).
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
6. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the same transmitter.
7. Turn the ignition switch to ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (0).
8. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
9. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the same transmitter.
10. Turn the ignition switch to ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (0).
11. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
12. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the same transmitter. Make sure the door locks cycle to indicate that the system has entered programming mode.
13. Press the "LOCK" button on each transmitter that is being programmed. Make sure the power door locks cycle each time to indicate the transmitter has been accepted.
14. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.
Turning the Audible Chirp On/Off
To turn the audible chirp on, press and hold the "TRUNK RELEASE" button, then immediately press and hold the "LOCK" button. The LED on the transmitter will come on for one second. Release the buttons when the LED goes out. Repeat this procedure to turn the audible chirp off. The LED will blink twice.
Ordering a Transmitter
Transmitters can be ordered only by authorized Acura dealers. Order them from American Honda using normal parts ordering procedures.
Batteries for the Transmitter
The battery number is CR2025. Each transmitter uses one battery.
Disconnect the 3P connector from the siren.
Remove the siren.
Test the siren by connecting battery power to the No. 1 terminal and grounding to the No. 3 terminal. The siren should sound.
If the siren fails to sound, replace it.
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations, precautions, and procedures in the Supplemental Restraint System before performing repairs or service.
Remove the passenger's seat.
Disconnect the 12P and 18P connectors from the security control unit.
Inspect the connector and socket terminals to be sure they are all making good contact. If the terminals are bent, loose, or corroded, repair them as necessary, and recheck the system. If the terminals look OK, make the following input tests at the connector terminals.
If any test indicates a problem, find and correct the cause, then recheck the system.
If all the input tests prove OK, the control unit must be faulty; replace it.
Disconnect the 12P and 18P connectors terminals from the unit.
Reconnect the 12P and 18P connectors terminals to the unit.
January, 20, 2011 AT 5:25 AM
ImpalaSS. I have a battery draw on my CL and everyone seems to tell me it's the security system. IS there a way to disconnect the security system on the CL, but to leave the door unlock/lock feature on?
January, 27, 2011 AT 5:04 AM
Hey first I am sorry .I have been out of town so never saw your question. For future reference, any time you see a previous post . It is always best to post a new question and then reference the post. Once you post it on the site then any of the moderators can assist you and you will not be left just hanging. I certainly don t mind assisting but as you see, I was out of town and this went directly to me .(Which you meant) but then you had to wait. So again, sorry about that.
As for your question none that I can see. If you do have a draw, the best thing to do is track it down. Try the parasitic draw test below.