ERROR CODE P1740

2001 Acura CL

kill_stormer

October, 11, 2009 AT 3:19 PM

2001 Acura CL 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 148111 miles

Hello, I hooked up my friends scanner to my car and I have the error code of P1740. Any suggestions on where to start looking. On OBDII web site it states that the A/T 4th pressure switch circuit malfuction. If you need any information let me know. Please help. Thank You for your time.

Code P1740

Code P174

1 ANSWER

carlife65

October, 11, 2009 AT 7:43 PM

Its your torque converter clutch solenoid circuit is faulty, the transmission pan needs to come out, to get to it dont remove the transmission, you dont have to.

kill_stormer

October, 12, 2009 AT 1:50 PM

I wanted to wait and call Acura to see what they would say. Since it was a weekend I had to wait until Monday. Well I called acura today on 10/12/09 and stated the diagnostic code they said that they have that part which is the 4th pressure circuit and it goes for around $70 bucks and is located on the trans axle itself rather than inside the transmission housing. I will go from there purchasing the part from acura and see if that fixes my problem. I appreciate the time and help. I will respond later if it fixes my problem.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8