ABS LIGHT ON

1997 Acura CL

acurauser

July, 29, 2009 AT 11:17 AM

1997 Acura CL 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

After the technician changed the router anf the pad (?). The steering wheel did not shake any more when I put on the brake pedal. But I have other problem that THE ABS LIGHT STAYED ON DURING THE CAR WAS MOVING.
I had the technician check the problem. He said he didnot cause the ABS light on. While changing the riuter/pad.
Could you please tell me what cause the ABS light on like that?
Should I take my car to the dealer to diagnose /fix the problem (costs me lots of money)? Or should I take my car to a foreing car garage to fix the problem?

your help will be appreciated very much! Please answer my question ASAP cuz the winter will come soon.

mhpautos

July, 30, 2009 AT 5:44 AM

Hi there,

you will ave to get a mechanic to check if these rotors have the ABS interrupter disc, and to check the air gap between the sensor and the rotor, also check that a sensor is not un plugged or damaged, scan will also help pin int this problem.

ABS Computer Replacement
Oil Life Reset Light Honda Civic 2006-2011